Alex in the snow

Alex in the snow

Saturday, August 30, 2008

First Swim in the pool

After the extreme heat of the zoo and all of that walking, we took the Metro right back to the hotel, changed into bathing suits and went up to the roof to enjoy the pool. I expected a nice refreshing swim, but the pool water was quite hot. It still was better than not being in the pool so we spent the rest of the afternoon swimming. En Yang could reach the bottom but when he began to walk into the deer side, I quickly saw that he can't swim so I held him and taught him how to kick his legs and swim his arms and he caught on pretty well. Needless to say, both boys loved that time in the pool! For dinner, we went to the restaurant buffet, but quickly learned that aside from fast food, I don't think he has ever gone to a restaurant before. He began licking his water glass and as he filled his plate walking around the room (with my help) he began to ear the food with his mouth, right off the plate. I tried to explain that you have to wait until you sit down but he was apparantly so hungry he just kept trying to eat that way. I was cracking up. When we finally sat with the food to eat it, he finished the food and began to lick his plate. I had to bring him back up to the buffet to try to explain that he could have more. It was all so funny but he was such a trooper today. So many new and different things he did today and he just went with the flow.

No comments: