Alex in the snow

Alex in the snow

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Day Two in Taiwan

This morning was our AIT (immigration/visa) appointment. I was so nervous that I didn't have all the paperwork that I needed even though I checked and rechecked everything a million times. We left the hotel early with a cab so that we would be brought right to the AIT office. We arrived early and put our camera, cell phone and driver's license at the counter, as expected. We went to the third floor and waited along with another family who had just picked up their 10 month old baby girl at Chung Yi the day before also. We were called to the window by Joseph, who went through all of the paperwork with me. The prphanage had also sent over a package and had given me a packagage of paperwork as well. It took about a half hour and I signed a bunch of papers including his passport. I then ran down to the second floor to pay the fee, came back upstairs to hand in the receipt and then we then sat for about an hour. I had the boys bring backpacks with activities, toys, stuffed animals, snacks and juice boxes which worked well because it kept them occupied. Afterwards, I was sworn in, asked some questions and told to come back tomorrow at 11:30 to pick up his passport and visa.

No comments: